TOUR ITINERARY DETAILS
Day 01: New Delhi – Periyar National ParkArrive noon at the resort in Periyar. Enjoy a afternoon boat ride in Periyar lake for wildlife viewing. Overnight in the resort / Hotel.
Day 02: Periyar Wild Life SanctuaryEnjoy a morning boat ride for elephant tracking and bird watching. One can also indulge in wildlife photography over here. The visit to the Periyar National Park lasts for about three hours. Return back to the resort for having breakfast & lunch. You can also opt for taking up a forest trail and explore the Periyar park surroundings or bird-watch. Afternoon boat ride for wildlife viewing. Overnight stay at the resort in Periyar.
Depart for onward journey after breakfast from Periyar National Park.Periyar National Park and Tiger Reserve is set high in the ranges of the Western Ghats in Kerala. The park has a picturesque lake at the heart of the sanctuary. Formed with the building of a dam in 1895, this reservoir meanders around the contours of the wooded hills, providing a perennial source of water for the local wildlife.
Animals found here include elephant, sambar, gaur and wild boars. In March and April, during the driest period here, the animals spend a lot of time near the lake and the elephants can be seen bathing and swimming in the reservoir. You may even get a glimpse of the tiger during this season.
Periyar is also home to leopard, wild dog, barking deer, mouse deer, monitor lizards and a variety of snakes and birds.
The birds include darter, cormorant, grey heron, ibis, great malabar hornbill and grey hornbill, kingfishers, ospreys and kites as well as orioles, hill mynas, racket tailed drongos, parakeets, including the unusual blue winged paraket and fly catchers.
The animals are viewed from motor launches on the lake and from watch towers. A summer palace of the former Maharaja of Travancore, set along the lake, is a hotel and a fine place to stay.
Your Tour Includes:
- All arrival, departure, sightseeing’s as per above itinerary by air conditioned Luxury car with English speaking driver
- Daily buffet breakfast
- Indian sim card with cell phone
- One double/ twin bed room
- Elephant ride at amber fort
- Boat ride at Udaipur
- Train ticket (New Delhi to Jaisalmer
- Guide service at all destination and monuments
- All applicable hotel & transport taxes
- Government services tax of 4.89%
Your Tour Does Not Include:
- Any meals other than those specified
- Expenses of personal nature such as tips, telephone calls, laundry, liquor etc
- Entrance fees during sightseeing
- Any other item not specified
- Driver tip
- International airfare