Set in the idyllic surroundings of vast tracts of lush 18 acres of exquisitely designed Mughal Gardens, the Jai Mahal Palace Hotel is one of the finest illustrations of Indo-Saracenic architecture. This palace of about 260 years old has been converted into a Grand Heritage hotel and is managed by the Taj group of hotels, the largest hotel chain in the country. Built in the year 1745 A.D, this hotel previously served as the official residence of the Prime Minister of Jaipur. Located strategically, the Jai Mahal Palace Grand Heritage Hotel is situated at the heart of the City Centre, making it adjacent to shopping centers and consequently one of the popular hubs for the visiting tourists both from the country and abroad.
One of the factors that need to be noted is that while renovating the Jai Mahal Palace Hotel, the Taj Group has taken care to ensure that the original architecture of the building is retained while the amenities offered here are upgraded so that they match the very best in the world.
The structure of this Grand Heritage Jai Mahal Palace Hotel is somewhat L-shaped. The hotel accommodation consists of 100 aesthetically designed well-decorated rooms. One can have a splendid view of the Mughal gardens and the nearby swimming pool from the room itself. The immaculately designed interiors and impressive décor of this hotel offers luxury living at its best. While designing the interiors special attention has been given on minute details. All the suites of this hotel resemble shear elegance and luxury and also have the imprint of 19th century Rajputs, recreated by Sir Swinton Jacob. The old crystal mirrors and chandeliers of this hotel are of impeccable quality as are its miniature paintings, stained glass panels, marbled inlay work and tapestries.
The Jai Mahal Palace Hotel is also known to provide a number of add-on amenities like 24×7 Room Service, safe deposit lockers, physician-on-call facility. For the convenience of foreign travelers, currency exchange and travel assistance are the other facilities that are offered. The solar heated swimming pool at Jai Mahal Palace hotel is another attraction.
The hotel boasts of three world-class restaurants that offer multi-cuisine with traditional Rajashtani hospitality at its best. At the bar, one can have a sip or two of high quality wine along with friends in the soothing ambiance and enjoy the evening. This hotel is also known to organize cultural programs especially during the evenings. Guests can enjoy these programs sitting in the luxuriant lawns of the hotel. Spending a peaceful evening with family in rooms is another option.
History of Jai Mahal Palace Hotel
The genesis of Jai Mahal Palace Hotel in Jaipur can be traced back to 1745 when it was built in a typical palace style by Hargovind Natani. The construction was marked with the use of high domes, chhattries and cupolas. The lattice work which was finally done upon all these involved intricate Rajasthani artworks. After the death of Natani, this Jai Mahal Palace Hotel was given back to the state and later in the year 1860, it was transformed into the official residence for the Residency Surgeon. When Sawaj Mann Singh took over the state of Jaipur in the 1920s, the name of the palace was changed to Jai Mahal, in honor of his second son Jai and one of his ancestors, Sawaji Jai Singh. Later in December 1955, this Royal entity was opened for certain selective guests. With the taking over of Jai Mahal Palace by the Taj Group of Hotels in 1984, the emergence of one of Indias leading Grand Heritage Hotels unfolded.
The broad features of the Grand Heritage Hotel Jai Mahal Palace are enlisted below:
- Category: Grand Heritage
- Managed by : Taj Group of Hotels
- City : Jaipur – Rajasthan
- Rooms : 100 Rooms
- How to reach There: 11 kms from the Jaipur Airport and 4 kms drive from the Jaipur Railway station
- Amenities: Three Restaurants and a bar, 24 hour-room service, Swimming pool, safe deposit lockers, doctor on call and three conference rooms
Accommodation at the Jai Mahal Palace Hotel
The Jai Mahal Palace Hotel has 100 rooms in total. All the rooms in this hotel can be divided into three separate classes, namely the Superior rooms, Deluxe rooms and the Luxury Suites. Most of the rooms face either the garden or the swimming pool. All its air-conditioned rooms are provided with Color Television and International direct calling facilities. The electronic safe, tea and coffee maker and internet connectivity are the other amenities that are part of the usual room facilities at jai Mahal palace hotel.
Dining Facilities at the Jai Mahal Palace Hotel
For the connoisseur of good food, there in no dearth of food options at jai Mahal Palce Hotel. All you need to do is to choose the right culinary option. Some of the popular culinary offerings of this hotel are enlisted below:
- Food and Wine: Here, you will get all day eateries from formal to fine drinking. The guests can choose the right dish from a wide range of delectable items and drinks.
- Cinnamon: It is a Pan-Indian restaurant where you will find the prefect blend of traditional as well as contemporary dishes.
- Giaedino: It is an open air Italian restaurant near the poolside and serves all the popular Italian dishes.
- Marble Arch: This all-day only restaurant is well known for serving both traditional as well as modern day Indian foods.
- Marigold Bar: Here, you will find a fine selection of top quality wines and beverages from across the world.
- Pool Lounge: For light snacks and refreshments, Pool Lounge is a spectacular option.
- The Terrace: An open air Lounge set amidst the Mughal Gardens it offers panoramic view and is an ideal place for retreat.
Meeting Rooms and Banquet Facilities at Jai Mahal Palace Hotel
- There are three Conference rooms at this hotel with a capacity to accommodate 20 to 150 people in the Auditorium style and 30 to 200 people for the Cocktail and Reception parties.
- The lawns and gardens of this hotel can accommodate 200 individuals for the evening functions.
- Excellent Catering facilities are available for breakfast, lunch, dinner and other Cocktail parties.
The best of Rajasthan hospitality and the finest of hotel services, courtesy the Taj Group of Hotels, one can have both of this and much more at Jai Mahal Palace Hotel that has made a name for itself among the leading Heritage Hotels around the world. If you wish to know more abut other Grand Heritage hotels in India, make it a point to browse through the pages of this website.
Room Amenities at Jai Mahal Palace Hotel
- Air-conditioned Rooms
- Large Sitting Areas
- Attached Bath/Toilet
- Balcony with splendid view of the outside
- Television with Cable connection
- Desk/Work Area
- 24-hour Room/Phone Service
- Magazine/Newspaper/Internet Service
Services and amenities available in the Jai Mahal Palace Hotel are summarized as such:
- 24 hour Front Desk
- Astrologer (On Call)
- Babysitting Arrangements
- Banquet Facility
- Barbershop & Beauty Salon
- Bell-Desk Services
- Car rentals
- Currency Exchange
- Doctor on Call
- Solar Heated Swimming Pool
- Currency exchange
- Safe Deposit
- Health Club
- Spa facilities
- Laundry Services
- Postal/ parcel Services
- Shopping Arcade
- Travel Desk
- Yoga Sessions every morning
- Secretarial service
- 24-hour fax/telex facilities
- Purified water supply
- Puppet Show and Folk Dances